Sunday, January 17, 2010

Favorite Party Recipes

As the Super Bowl approaches I thought I would post some of my favorite party recipes. I make these three recipes almost every time I have people over. I made all three for New Year's Eve, but that was before I got the idea to start this blog. Next time I make them I will take a picture and update this post.


Buffalo Chicken Dip

I got this recipe off of Dierbergs.com. It was one of the winners of a contest they ran before the Super Bowl last year. I made it for the Super Bowl party we went to because it sounded easy to make. When I told Scott what I was going to make he could not grasp the concept and kept asking me what he was going to dip his chicken wings in. The guys at the party devoured the dip and I barely got a taste. Scott even makes it for himself now and eats it as a meal.


1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup ranch dip
6 to 8 tbsp hot sauce (we use Frank's Red Hot - 6 tbsp is plenty for me because I am not big on spicy foods)
2 cups Oscar Meyer cooked chicken, finely shredded (we buy chicken breasts and cook it ourselves)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips or crackers

Place cream cheese and ranch dip in medium bowl and stir to combine. (Scott swears it tastes better if you use a mixer, I can't tell a difference.) Add hot sauce. Fold in chicken. Spread over the bottom of pie plate & top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

We usually double the recipe so there are leftovers. :)


Mexican Dip

I got this recipe from a coworker and it is one of those recipes where it was good I tried it before I knew what was in it. I normally don't like cottage cheese, but you can't even tell that it is in here. Every time I make this recipe for someone new they ask for the recipe.

8 oz cream cheese
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
8 oz jar chunky salsa
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
about 1/4 cup sour cream
about 1 cup shredded lettuce
3 diced roma tomatoes
3 diced green onions
1 small can sliced black olives-drained
tortilla chips

Cream cream cheese, cottage cheese and taco seasoning with a mixer. Spread in 9x13 dish and chill overnight. Spread salsa over cheese layer and top with shredded cheddar and drizzle with sour cream. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, green onions and black olives. You can also add jalapeƱo peppers on top if you like, or you can omit a topping you don't like, very versatile.

*I usually divide this amongst two 8x8 dishes that way I can keep one cold in the fridge while the other sits out during a party. I never put the black olives on it anymore because we experimented one time and put black olives only on half and no one touched that half, so I came to the conclusion that none of my friends like black olives. ;)


Party Mix




This recipe also came from one of my coworkers and I have to warn you that it is very addicting. Once you start eating it it's hard to stop! I don't follow the recipe exactly, but it is very versatile, so you can add or omit whatever you like. Don't get weirded out by the brown paper bag! Here is how I make it:

2 - 1oz envelopes ranch salad dressing mix (the powder stuff - I use Hidden Valley that comes in a two pack)
4 tbsp dried dillweed
1 box Krispix cereal
1 bag oyster crackers
1 bag pretzel sticks
1 container peanuts
1 box Cheez-its
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
brown paper grocery bag

In a very large bowl (I just use the paper bag), combine all snack items. Toss to mix. Sprinkle with dressing mix and dillweed. Toss to coat. Drizzle oil over mixture and toss to coat. Place mixture in brown paper bag and fold top of bag to secure. Let stand 2 hours moving bag to different sides every 15 minutes. (You may want to put something underneath the bag.) Store in airtight container.

You can use whatever types of snacks you like, Cheerios are good too!



No comments:

Post a Comment