Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken, again?!

I know my dad gets tired of eating chicken and I think Scott probably does too. On Sundays my dad will ask my mom if it is a chicken night if she says yes then he knows I am coming over for dinner. ;) He thinks chicken and cheese pizza are the only things I eat, but I will eat other things such as pork chops (if they are breaded), steak and some beef. The problem is I don't know how to cook any of that, so if you are eating at my house, it will most likely be chicken or meatless.


Cornflake Chicken

This is one of my mom's recipes and it is super easy and delicious. This is one of my go to recipes for a quick and easy dinner. I usually serve it with the Lipton Rice Sides (I like the chicken flavor, go figure) or the Betty Crocker box potatoes (I like the Au Gratin, but they are all good). I also like to have bread with all my meals and the Pillsbury Italian Country bread is our favorite.


This recipe makes 2 servings, so double or triple accordingly:

1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast (can use tenderloins also)
milk

Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow bowl (I use a flexible cutting mat). Dip each chicken breast in milk then completely cover with crumb mixture. Place chicken in pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
* for the Cornflake crumbs, you can use cornflake cereal and crush it into crumbs, or they sell a box of cornflake crumbs. You can find the cornflake crumbs in the bread crumb aisle and they have a much longer shelf life than the cornflake cereal.

Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan

This is another one of my quick and easy go to recipes. I usually serve it with spaghetti and the Pillsbury Country Italian bread. I am planning on making this next week, but wanted to go ahead and post the recipe in case you are planning your meals for next week too. ;) I will post a picture after I make it.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Shake n Bake chicken seasoned coating mix
Spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano leaves (optional - I don't use them)

Coat chicken with Shake n Bake according to package directions. Place in a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Top each chicken breast with sauce & cheeses as desired. Sprinkle with oregano (optional). Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

*the recipe says it will make 6 servings, but I am not sure you will be able to coat 6 chicken breasts with 1 packet of Shake n Bake. Luckily, I think there are 2 packets of coating mix in each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment