Sunday, March 7, 2010

Take Two

I decided to try a couple of my previous recipes again to try to improve them.


Chicken Enchiladas

When I made the enchiladas a few weeks ago Scott and I both thought there was something missing. This time we made the Chicken Helper Cheesy Chicken Enchilada according to package directions with ground chicken. Then we rolled it up inside tortilla shells and placed in a 9x13 glass pan. Pour a can of enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and then top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted. The rice in the Chicken Helper gave the enchiladas more substance and we both thought they were much better.



Soft Pretzels

I am determined to perfect the homemade soft pretzels. This time I still used the Trader Joe's pizza dough, but I brushed them with egg white before I put them in the oven and then again halfway through. I brushed them with a little butter right before they were done to give them more flavor. The egg white gave the outside the correct texture, but the dough is still not quite right. Next time I might try breadsticks, or something with a little lighter dough.



No comments:

Post a Comment