Thursday, July 8, 2010

July Birthday Lunch

M&M Cake

I saw this idea a few months ago and I have been saving it until now. The July birthday person loves M&M's and even has an M&M dispenser in his office. It's a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and kit kats and M&M's, so it was major chocolate overload. If I ever make it again I think I'll go easy on the M&M's because they were all over the table and floor once we cut into the cake.


Firecracker Bites

This was a 4th of July recipe that I found on kraftfoods.com, but it was after 4th of July when I made them, so I just decorated them with colorful sprinkles instead of like a firecracker. They were very tasty and I was surprised that the cookie doesn't get soggy at all.


1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
1 pkg. (12 oz.) NILLA Wafers
1/2 cup mixed red, white and blue sprinkles
42 pieces red string licorice (1 inch)

Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP.

Spoon about 1-1/2 Tbsp. pudding mixture onto each of half the wafers; (I used my small cookie scoop) cover with remaining wafers to make sandwiches. Freeze 2 hours or until filling is firm.

Spread tops of wafer sandwiches with remaining COOL WHIP. Dip in sprinkles. Insert licorice piece in top of each for the fuse. Freeze until ready to serve.

Here is a picture from the Kraft Foods website of what they look like as firecrackers:

No comments:

Post a Comment