Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cake, Cake & More Cake!

I have been trying to practice my cake decorating skills that I have learned. These are some of the cakes I have made the past couple weeks.
Cardinals cake for Opening Day. The logo is made out of royal icing and I was bummed when it broke into about 5 pieces when I put it on the cake. Oh well, icing works well as glue too! This was my first attempt at making my own marshmallow fondant and a white almond sour cream cake. We haven't learned how to properly cover a cake with fondant yet, but I think it looks pretty good.

My friend Katie's birthday cake


Cupcakes for the 17 birthdays my family celebrate on Easter



For my cousin's 30th birthday party. The 30's are made out of chocolate and I decorated them with sugar pearls too.



My dad kept whining that everyone else gets to eat my cakes but he never gets one, so I made this one in order to practice my violets and then took it to his house.




No comments:

Post a Comment